Wednesday, December 26, 2018

What's wrong with DS "Easter Eggs"?:) Thoughts about merch, David Bowie, “Antigonish” poem, "The Truth" meaning and eVolution. eVolution of our gaming experience almost like ~30 years ago-UNR

https://ift.tt/eA8V8J

We love easter eggs in games:) They break down the "boundaries", isn't it? But what is easter egg in videogames?

"Easter egg is an intentional inside joke, hidden message or image, or secret feature of a work". It's like a bridge to other world. Maybe different game world made by same creator. Or reference to a movie or different game. But it's always connects different media. Not our reality.

Ludens toy in 2 DS trailers. DS still not released... something's wrong with this "easter egg". Well, as every "easter egg" this one is the bridge. Bridge to our reality:) We can buy this items already, this "merch". Some of you already get your gifts:) We put "Bridges" pins on our clothes, hang mini ludens on our christmas trees and etc.:) It's awesome as for me - I mean this is not about knocking on 4th wall. Destroying it:)

If someone didn't noticed this mini ludens here are links with timecodes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcuFJXgU6cA ~ 7:00

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ta3czGLX9VA&t ~ 5:59

Some thoughts about "The Truth". I'd like to think about it not in plot terms, or scenario. Not about VS and BB. Unfortunately we forget about ourselves very often. Especially when we playing in videogames or watching movies.

I believe that We are (Players) are Big Boss. This theory of course is nothing new:) But 2 details are very interesting for me.

1st - "The Truth" ending - after breaking the mirror we can that "Diamond Dogs" logo changed to "Outer Heaven". It was our will to build new nation. We played him...

You're your own man. I'm Big Boss and you are too... No... He's the two of us. Together.

We created our own "Medic". We created his face. Individually. He talking to You or Me personally. We are merging together with Big Boss. Not as VS. We are. As well as Skull Face is Our image. Our = We are Big Boss. With devilhorns and 2 eyepatches like a SF mask. I'm sorry, I got distracted:)

2nd - Very strange camera. Blinking, I mean like a human eye. Climbing the stairs. Hiding. Groans when standing from ground.

I walked, I could do nothing but walk. And then I see me walking in front of myself. But it wasn't really me

You remember that P.T. was released before TPP. And I don't believe in "radio easter egg". But first of all - TPP starts from David Bowie's song "The Man Who Sold The World". Not original, but cover by Midge Ure. As a doppelganger. It's very obvious analogy and soundtrack for the whole story, but here's one very interesting detail.

"In writing this song , Bowie was inspired by the poem “Antigonish”, about a ghost roaming a haunted house."

Yesterday, upon the stair,I met a man who wasn’t there.He wasn’t there again today,I wish, I wish he’d go away…

Sounds familiar?:)

Same gameplay "idea" for P.T. and TPP - repetitiveness. "Tetris Effect" PythonSelkanHD mentioned earlier in his Ultimate MGS V Analysis.

I believe that MGS V is a dream. VR, Hypnogogia? I don't know. But I believe that it's not about Venom "brainwashing" or something... Someone see him walking infront of himself. Big Boss hallucinations? If we merging with him that this is our hallucination. Did he realized Our presence? Evolution.

I noticed little and strange common details in P.T. and TPP.

When Quiet tried to kill you in the TPP beginning, strangling you - this scene reminds me of Lisa killing you in P.T.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pVo83TSYDA&t ~ 14:57

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84rcDyvadT4&t ~ 3:48

I imagine P.T. as a literally nightmare or bad dream. When our experience merging and stranding sometimes in weird and crazy ways. Lisa didn't look like being shotted in stomach. Reminds me more about miscarriage. Lost eye - literally Big Boss image. Killing his wife - killing Boss. Hanging on garden hose/umbilical cord - guilt. But in some strange way.

Ever since the day I killed The Boss, I was already dead.

Another little detail - "Second Parasite Outbreak" Mission. When VS enters with gasmask. He's breathe... sounds very familiar...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pc5q2YZyQoY ~ 3:50

"What is it?" Cmon how can they smell it even through the camera? And who are they? Kaz, Ocelot?

Well, it's a videogame with it's own rules:) And they are real persons in this world:) I mean MGS V: TPP titles theme. In every mission. Like in movies - titles represents real persons - actors. Same as we see "Norman Reedus", "Guillermo del Toro" titles and Silent Hills teaser. Real persons.

In "Devil's House" there was no English Audio-Tapes. The only one in English we heard was... P.T. Audio-Tape. The final parasite?

I talked about Us merging with Big Boss. Hallucinations. But whose? Did we see Big Boss's hallucination from MGS World point of view? His former world he sold now...

Metal Gear Solid Player's perspective.

Same for P.T. - hallucination, nightmare. *Reminder of the poem “Antigonish”* But here comes real Person - Norman Reedus. A Player. Same hallucination but from different perspective.

For example - Silent Hill Player's perspective.

P.T. was introduced as an Interactive Teaser. No need to repeat that in the end. I believe that "Silent Hills" was a teaser with no direct relation to the main title.

P.T. as an explanation of "next step".

Death Stranding looks like a world where We are merging with different worlds We created. So many references to other media.

But who We are? Just a Viewers behind a screen (or piece of glass), looking at this worlds with one blinking eye through camera's viewfinder?;)

Or We are Players?:)

Same.

You are Big Boss. You and Me. Us. With this Idea VS put "Operation Intruder N313" in MSX. The Very first Metal Gear starts. Circle closed.

Thank you and Merry Xmass:)

http://bit.ly/2Rhd7iX Tuned For Everything Norman We Don't Mess Around when it comes to things pertaining to the man.

No comments:

Post a Comment