Thursday, December 13, 2018

That one time I was Norman Reedus' agent-UNR

https://ift.tt/eA8V8J

Hey guys... I keep trying to find the best subreddit for this story but I figured some of you might be interested.

Around age 11 (2001) I became OBSESSED with Norman Reedus. This was waaaaay before he had even a modicum of fame. I sound like a hipster saying that, but it's true. It started for me with Boondock Saints, which I watched in perpetuity over 100 times. Then I moved on to his entire catalogue, mostly Gossip and Blade 2, whatever indie movies he appeared in for like 2 minutes. My life was consumed with him. My brother called me "Reed" as a nickname, I had him plastered on all my binders, I wrote fanfiction, I dreamt of one day meeting him, your standard teenage lust.

At the time, I used IMDb a lot, to learn about which movies to scout out next and post on message boards. I was 11 so I of course didn't have a credit card so I never frequented IMDb pro. This is key information.

One day in my email inbox that likely had some infantile alias like sparklingsilver222 or krispie33 at the time, I got this "offer" for my "client" and inside was an attachment with a prospectus for a role. I was so confused, in the body of the email she said, I think this role would be perfect can you please pass it along to Mr. Reedus.

So I responded to her and told her lady, I'm 11 years old, I'm just a fan of "Mr. Reedus." How did you get my email?

She tells me that my name is listed on IMDbpro.com as his agent.

So you can't even access that website without paying so I had to tell my mom and she used her credit card to buy a free 14-day trial. We looked him up and sure enough under the publicity and representation section was MY name, email address, phone number and home address. My mom was immediately immediately furious and started reprimanding me for giving out my personal details online.

I have no idea how they got my information. Although I admit I was obsessed, I had never filled out any info or ever claimed to be my favorite star's agent.

We contacted IMDb and had them remove the information. But it was too late. It had been up there long enough for fans and media outlets to get ahold of it.

For the next three or so months I started receiving fan mail for Norman from around the world. Mostly Asian and European fans asking for autographs. I had to have a template ready to explain the situation and mail it back to them because I received so much. Easily nowhere near the amount he would be receiving nowadays but still.

My address was published in a Japanese movie magazine as his agent. I received more script offers and one of them informed me they found my info in it.

Eventually the letters and messages tapered off but I still to this day am flabbergasted by how it could have happened.

I also have always wanted to meet Norman Reedus and tell him myself that I was for a short time his agent, unbeknownst to him. My older, more cynical self realized I should have been less honest and kept it going to get into premieres or something and at least see him. Maybe I would have had a chance with him after all!! haha

https://ift.tt/2rAiyLx Tuned For Everything Norman We Don't Mess Around when it comes to things pertaining to the man.

No comments:

Post a Comment