Monday, June 10, 2019

Newest Gaming Trends I'm Afraid I'll Get Sick Of-UNR

https://ift.tt/eA8V8J

First, lets start with the smaller one, time loops. I'm currently playing a time loop game (Outer Wilds) and this E3 we've already seen two more announced, 12 Minutes and Deathloop. It's an interesting concept, but to see so many so fast is interesting. I don't want every game to become "Live Die Repeat/Edge of Tomorrow." I guess we could argue that every game is a time loop if you die a lot. Hopefully, it stays small and doesn't permeate gaming too badly.

The other one I'm more concerned about is celebrities in games. First, we get Norman Reedus in Death Stranding. Now Keanu Reeves in 2077? Both of these games are from big, respected game studios and creators. Were the added celebrities really necessary? Do you think people will buy these games for the "cast" as opposed to the gameplay and storylines? I just see this really getting out of hand, and seeing large portions of the budget going toward big names as opposed to development.

Plus, I think it will take me out of the game. If I'm seeing a bunch of people I don't know in the fictional world, and then suddenly, "Hey! It's Keanu Reeves!" I think I'll be a little distracted.

And last, this one has already gotten out of hand. Colorful, kooky, post-apocalyptic worlds. Everything looks like Borderlands these days. Rage 2, Far Cry: New Dawn, Bleeding Edge, Wasteland 3. I'm already kinda tired of it.

http://bit.ly/2KGHrjp Tuned For Everything Norman We Don't Mess Around when it comes to things pertaining to the man.

No comments:

Post a Comment