Wednesday, June 26, 2019

How Should a Modern Silent Hill Behave?-UNR

https://ift.tt/eA8V8J

Let's say the lightening of Team Silence is captured once more in a bottle. We've seen Capcom procure some great magic with the remakes and 7. What would you want them to keep? What realistically would need to change to keep the series profitable and marketable to modern horror gamers?

Should the combat be slightly improved? I always thought the kick feature is cool but almost irrelevant. Some enemies should have to be stomped once or they reappear. Some need to be killed immediately or they would cross barriers. Obviously in SH the action should always be secondary to movement and puzzles, but I can't see modern audiences putting up with the clumsy controls of 2001.

Another question. Should Silent Hill stick with the door opening or just have connected labyrinths with Amnesia style?

I do think the inventory system needs a major rehaul. Even the inventory screen in Silent Hills 2 and 3 were dated.

Personally I would like to see many of the ideas brought up in the Room reemerge nowadays. I think the more elaborate, linear story helps keep the narrative tight.

One major complaint I had about the Silent Hills promo was the use of Norman Reedus. Silent Hill has always been about the regular man - or woman. I don't want my character to have an obvious celebrity likeness. Silent Hill 2 and 4 are my favorites because they don't constantly remind me of other franchises. I don't want another facsimile or doppelganger. My complaint could also apply to story elements. Down pour was so clearly taking inspiration from Twin Peaks, Buffy and the Twilight Zone.

https://ift.tt/2YfXF77 Tuned For Everything Norman We Don't Mess Around when it comes to things pertaining to the man.

No comments:

Post a Comment