Tuesday, February 11, 2020

The "NORE RMED ANUS" Meme Story-UNR

https://ift.tt/eA8V8J

So it has been quite a few years since all this went down and I finally figured I would share the full story behind "The Walking Dead ANUS Kid Meme". So if you have been watching the show since the beginning since I have you might have seen a meme with three people in bright orange shirts that read "NORMAN REEDUS" when read across. When read per shirt it looks like "NORE RMED ANUS". I was the anus tshirt kid. So the story goes that my mom is a huge Norman Reedus fan and as a surprise she bought us comic con tickets for Christmas one year. It was a wizard world comic con in Philadelphia probably going on like six years ago. If you have ever been to that event or the Walker Stalker Cons you would know it can be pretty pricey to see a lot of the cast. We did not have the cash to meet Reedus that year but we figured we would get the attention of him through the shirts. I knew ahead of time of my unfortunate shirt and wore it anyway. We ended up getting one of the staff at the con to get his attention towards us and he took a picture of us. During that day a photographer from MSN took our picture and the next morning we were on the MSN homepage. After that we thought it was a cool memory but it kept growing. We ended up becoming a meme. At the end of that year Norman tweeted a photo of us wishing us a happy new year and then it died. Almost a year later Norman Reedus was on The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon and Jimmy put our picture up next to Norman and they made fun of us which was amazing and I use that as a starter story when meeting new people. We ended up going to another con and met Reedus. We gave him the shirts and he said he would sign them and donate them to a charity we liked but never heard anything after that. I tagged two photos that were not the meme that I found on a camera we had. One of them is us outside the convention center and the other is with Sean Clark which I believe was his manager at the time. I still watch to this day and wanted to share my experience with the show.

Other ANUS Photos

https://ift.tt/2SBLGPz Tuned For Everything Norman We Don't Mess Around when it comes to things pertaining to the man.

No comments:

Post a Comment