Saturday, February 15, 2020

Sam’s Carry Strength (Early Game, No Spoilers)-UNR

https://ift.tt/eA8V8J

When playing, Sam looked ridiculous carrying so much stuff around and on his back, and it got me wondering. Is it ridiculous that Sam can carry so much awkward weight?

Caveat, the math I’ve done was quick and I’ve been known to make mistakes, but this question and answer have plagued my mind since I’ve begun my 2~3 hour journey into Death Stranding.

The answer? Not as ridiculous as you might initially assume.

The record of heaviest overhead lift is by British Andy Bolton at ~263.5 kg (581 lbs). I’m using the overhead lift because (my stupid logic) if you can’t pick it up over your head, then you cannot reasonably carry it a meaningful distance like Sam seems to do.

Andy Bolton (from my lazy google search) weighs ~164.2 kg (362 lbs) so that means that Andy can lift ~160.48% of his body weight! (Maybe not carry it but if his heaviest deadlift is ~457.5 kg or 1,008.6 lbs, then I assume he could carry it)

Traditional Sherpas can carry around 90%-125% of their body weight long distances in low oxygen.

Sam’s early (unassisted) in game carry limit is 120 kg (~265) And Sam’s actor Norman Reedus is ~76 kg (168 lbs)

So Sam can carry approximately 157.89% of his body weight!

Considering that the upper limit is around 125%~160.48% then Sam’s 157.89% is fairly reasonable.

Once again, I’m no math major and this burning question had to be sated, if only by approximate numbers and lazy research, so take this with a grain of salt, and if you prove me wrong, all the better.

TLDR; Sam can reasonably and semi-realistically carry the ridiculously large amount of stuff that he is seen carrying in game.

https://ift.tt/3bCmpNP Tuned For Everything Norman We Don't Mess Around when it comes to things pertaining to the man.

No comments:

Post a Comment