Wednesday, August 28, 2019

My disease theory-UNR

https://ift.tt/eA8V8J

Do you guys have any views on the cause/reasons for the fragmented society?

My earlier theory was simple: the US government used cable, messed up, the explosion led to an apocalypse and society became divided. However, this really doesn't explain the division, does it? I can totally empathize with people forming groups of trust, or preferring to stay alone but I think a fragmented society seems a bit more dramatic.

I'm starting to wonder whether the presence of the BTs causes some kind of disease, which leads to this god awful blue skin condition.

Remember what Higgs said:

'Oh it's so hard to form connections when you can't shake hands.'

When I first heard that, it just struck me as an odd expression. It sounds quite literal as opposed to a metaphor. Is it just a figure of speech? To me it sounds like an actual physical limitation.

Also, isn't Amelie behind a glass door at the end of the Release Date trailer? Obviously the camera angle isn't ideal but it looks a lot like she's in some kind of disease control unit, or something similar. What other reason would there be for her to be behind glass?

Apparently Norman Reedus said on Twitter (I still haven't found that exact Tweet) that Sam has a fear of being touched.

I think a disease may also explain the blue skin condition and other bizarre side effects of fighting/avoiding the BTs e.g. Sam bruising when the small BT approaches him and Fragile.

Kojima keeps emphasizing 'giving our hands.' Why? Just to form a bond? Or is there a fear of touching because of a contagious disease?

I think all of the above points to a potentially severe disease. The threat of the BTs must be more then simply being eaten.

What do you think?

For those who are interested, I'm hoping to build this theory up in more depth. I'm pretty new to Reddit and Twitter but feel free to follow me on Twitter if you want to learn more :)

https://ift.tt/2Zv8Zfr Tuned For Everything Norman We Don't Mess Around when it comes to things pertaining to the man.

No comments:

Post a Comment