Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Death Stranding isn't just a PS4 Game. It's a new game where you explore the real world to advance in your game.-UNR

https://ift.tt/eA8V8J

Alright this may sound crazy and even I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around this but hear me out I think I've figured out the main gameplay for Death Stranding.

Kojima has said time and time again that he wants to create a game where players meet each other and "create links, strands if you will between players."

6 Months ago Kojima Productions trademarked the names 'Strand Game' and more importantly 'Social Strand System' for iPhone use.

https://twitter.com/trademark_bot/status/1095928132555673601

This implies that there is some kind of companion app to the game but I believe this is a crucial part of the game.

Norman Reedus who plays Sam Porter Bridges (The protagonist for the game) said this in an interview with the BH Photography Podcast " It's so ahead of its time, and there're elements of social media in it, and the idea is that... So many games and so many parts of millennial culture are being alone in a room, and you lose contact, physical contact, with people. This is after that and the re-establishing of that physical contact. It's super, super interesting."

This implies that making connections is a huge part of Death Strandings goal. "People have created walls and have become accustomed to living in isolation," Kojima said.

Forbes who had a hands-on look at the game said that " The thing that really stood out to me was just how simple this game is at its core. Death Stranding is a game about walking."

And that's what I think it is. I think it's a game that bridges the gap between our world and the games. I think our world is the upside-down underwater world that Sam Porter Bridges goes to whenever the BBs kill him you'll need to get back in our world somehow.

Just a couple of days ago Death Stranding was announced to have first-person elements I think those first-person elements are you the player exploring and meeting new people.

I know it's crazy but I think the app has gone ignored when I personally think that Kojima is too smart to create something like that without a reason.

If PT was a teaser for DS then I think the idea of walking through the door and finding yourself in a different world makes much sense too. In Low Roar's Give Me an Answer it shows a person opening a door and finding themselves in a different world https://youtu.be/0DJeOyud7yU

I don't think it will be some kind of AR Pokemon Go type game but I do think that you will be a character in your own story and this app will be a way to meet other people in ways a game never has. "A strand game."

So Death Stranding is a game about meeting people and rebuilding the society which is our world. By rebonding the cities of America in Death Stranding we a simultaneously creating strands with cities in the real world.

Thanks for reading and hearing me out!

https://ift.tt/2Huc5Kl Tuned For Everything Norman We Don't Mess Around when it comes to things pertaining to the man.

No comments:

Post a Comment