Thursday, April 16, 2020

I'm Back! And I'm 20 Hours In and So My Opinion is Now Valid!-UNR

https://ift.tt/eA8V8J

At least that's what some users here would like to believe. I get the feeling these are the same people who use the argument "you only played the first 5 hours and hated it! You gotta play at least 50 to get to the good parts!" and you know what, fuck that! Anyone can have an opinion on a game and can share it even if it goes as far as looking at the box art and think "Nope!" Everyone has one and everyone should share theirs if they so please, I mean that's what mediums are about! Our own perspectives coming together to create discussions and potentially broaden peoples horizons. And if you think 10+ hours or 20+ is a requirement to have an opinion than you are part of the reason why people don't like to share theirs.

But anyways, I played more of the game, gotten further, unlocked trucks and my opinion is mostly the same. I like the mechanics for traversing the land, although I admit vehicles really lowered my use of ladders and ropes which I am sad about. I liked looking at a river or mountain and thinking "I'm about to make you my bitch!" until I fall over and lose all my shit. Also not a huge fan of the online aspect of it but I feel like I'm in a bind in that regard. On the one hand it feels like other people are doing my work, such as building roads, placing ladders and ropes and I'm just leeching off of them. On the other, fucking roads would take forever to build if I was by myself. I just wish there was some kind of middle ground where I don't feel empty for not accomplishing building the roads on my own but also so I don't spend several hours on it.

As for the story I don't mind it but I think important dialogue bits should stay in the cutscenes. I'm sick of Diehard-man pfft calling me every time I leave for a story based delivery and telling shit he just explained! Quit reminding me to go to terminals to look for new work, I'M NORMAN FUCKING REEDUS, THE BEST PORTER IN THE FUCKING U.S.A. DAMMIT! And also characters explaining new equipment all the time when there's text that pops up that do the same anyways. Again, don't mind dialogue and the cutscenes but most of the time it's redundant.

But overall, I do like it. The word I would use is satisfying! I like making new discoveries, getting new gear, and new locations. There was one part where I needed to go back somewhere and it would take a long ass time even with a vehicle but then I saw a shorter route and the only thing between me and it was a mountain. Being the adventurous porter I was, I put on my Bridges hat and made my way up the mountain! I snuck past B.T.'s, fought off timefall snow and saw my destination! I climbed down, without any barrier or steep bullshit until I was there! It was, as I said, satisfying! I made my own path, one the game didn't tell me about and was rewarded with not only my destination but a self accomplished feeling.

..Although I'm sure there are some people who will say "You still haven't played enough of this 500000 hour game!"

P.S. Where in the tits do I find strands for my bola guns!? I found one from a bandit and been using only that for combat.

https://ift.tt/2XGYEjd Tuned For Everything Norman We Don't Mess Around when it comes to things pertaining to the man.

No comments:

Post a Comment