Wednesday, January 1, 2020

[Endgame] Just finished the game, what an emotional journey-UNR

https://ift.tt/eA8V8J

I just finished the game today, and I am just simply blown away. This game is truly a master piece, at least for me. I am so glad that Kojima had the opportunity to present such an unique art for us all. I know similar things have been discussed countless times in this subreddit, but I am so blown away by this game that I really want to talk about it. There are so much that I wanted to talk about, here are somethings that I really love:

- In the beginning I thought I had to endure a lot of delivery quests just to experience the story, but very quickly I found myself in love with the game play. The core game mechanics is more in line to a hiking simulator than delivery quest, and Death Stranding (DS) did such a good job making it challenging and fun for me to try and identify the shortest route and overcome the obstacles. I often find myself looking forward to see what additional challenge DS has in store for me in the next route/delivery.

- The game did such a great job making you feel powerless, or rather make mother nature seems equally as daunting (or in my opinion, even more powerful) as the otherworldly threat like BT. Whether its fighting against the current from the river, a steep mountain slope, or the white out storm in the mountains. It makes you feel small, and alone, which brings me to the next point.

- Like everyone mentioned, because the game did such a fine job making you feel powerless against nature, this made the "connection" aspect of the game so much more powerful. The opportunity to help and be helped by others, working together to overcome nature, is truly amazing (almost poetic).

- The music, my god the music..... where does Kojima find all these music?? The music make the journey such an experience. And yes, like Kojima said, I did cry at the very end when CHVRCHES's Death Stranding came on.

- The acting, at the beginning I was like wow does Kojima really need all these heavy weight actors? After the ending now I understand. The build up between Mads Mikkelsen and Norman Reedus throughout the game, and then the ultimate pay off scene where Cliff told Sam that he is his bridge to the future, and looked proudly at Sam before giving him a hug. Such a powerful scene. Being a sci-fi nut myself, for me this rank right up there with Fringe's finale where Walter told Peter "you are my favorite thing". The two scenes to me are similar not just because of the great actors, but because the continuous build up through out the journey made the scene so much more powerful.

Sorry for the long post, but I am just so overwhelmed after completing this game and just want to share with some people who also equally enjoyed this piece of art.

https://ift.tt/36d1oWW Tuned For Everything Norman We Don't Mess Around when it comes to things pertaining to the man.

No comments:

Post a Comment