Thursday, August 12, 2021

Playable teasers and realtime experiences vs. video demos-UNR

https://ift.tt/eA8V8J

Ok, everyone... So I have been involved with this since day 1 (or so) and I'm amped and excited and confused and I just don't know... I'm with everyone here.. I'm also #TeamReal

It just occurred to me the fact that Hasan is saying his teasers are running in real-time on PS5 to show the graphical prowess and all that, rather than playing a video trailer to show it. This is great in itself but has anyone every really made the connection with how PT was the same way? Hear me out, it's not in the sense that you think I mean:

Remember how Lance McDonald sort of "hacked" PT and was able to go outside the house and walk around the streets of Silent Hill?

Link: https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/12/21/pt-mod-street-kojima-escape-cutscene-ending-modder-glitch-hack

If I'm correctly understanding how things work, this wouldn't have been possible if it were just a pre-rendered video, right?

Remember the ending video with Norman Reedus and the big reveal of SILENT HILLS and how that was the area Lance was walking around in? It seems like the entire PT experience was built in the same manner: It was all rendered on the console and not just a video. That was actually all built and rendered as an environment, not a video.

The point I am trying to make is that both PT and this Abandoned thing are being built with the same mindset in that it's all "RENDERED" and not just a cheap video trailer of gameplay. There's a connection... It lends to the fact that Abandoned may indeed be PT's second coming. Like a redo/retry but bigger and better and most of all, fully realized and finished this time.

Perhaps someday soon someone will hack that little 5 second teaser if and when it actually releases properly and look around in that room where the fake James Sunderland is walking through.

Is any of what I'm saying making any sense to any of you?

https://ift.tt/3sbyuCe Tuned For Everything Norman We Don't Mess Around when it comes to things pertaining to the man.

No comments:

Post a Comment