Sunday, May 31, 2020

Death Stranding was a dumpster fire-UNR

https://ift.tt/eA8V8J

I'm a fan of Metal Gear, I enjoyed Snake Eater and Sons of Liberty very much. I respected Kojimas work but he lost me with this one. I won't touch the gameplay because that seemed to be the biggest complaint from others but I'll just say it could've been better. Now one of my biggest complaints is how Death Stranding just makes no sense. They try to explain all the lore and story points to you but it just falls flat.

I beat the whole game and still didn't know what The Death Stranding even was. Most characters are just flat and boring, my least favorites being Sam and Diehard Man. Sam was just boring and showed little to no character or emotion. Not only that but I personally thought that Norman Reedus' performance in the game was terrible, it was as if everyone in the game was a good actor except Norman. I was hyped to see Mads Mikkelson in a game because he's one of my favorite actors.

I was disappointed with how his character was utilized, he was used in three god awful third person shooter segments and teases of his character shown but other than that he wasn't very prominent in the story. I was hoping he would end up the main villain but he didn't really do much at all. Another big problem I have with the game was the awful dialogue. Most of the lines were either nonsensical or dumb as hell. The worst ones being, "I'm fragile but I'm not that fragile." Or "So I'm Mario and your Princess Peach?" Just absolute cringe.

Most people try to say the game becomes fun once you unlock vehicles but that simply isn't true. The terrain is way too rocky to even use the vehicles to begin with and also it just wasn't as safe to use them. The game keeps insisting upon traveling lightly, they say this despite the fact it's damn near impossible to do so. You need ladders, hooks, weapons, the package you're delivering, and many other types of equipment on your journey so how could you possibly travel lightly. It's as if the game is trying its hardest to be inconvenient.

All in all this game does not deserve the praise it got. I'm glad it didn't win game of the year even though it shouldn't have been nominated to begin with.

https://ift.tt/36NEFBP Tuned For Everything Norman We Don't Mess Around when it comes to things pertaining to the man.

No comments:

Post a Comment