Monday, May 25, 2020

Are Japanese gamers upset that some games are made with an American audience in mind?-UNR

https://ift.tt/eA8V8J

I’ve noticed things happening in video games such as a decline in difficulty and casting well known American actors in mo-cap games.

For example, Death Stranding features actors like Norman Reedus and Mads Mikkelsen, actors who are mainly know for English speaking roles. I was confused by this at first since I thought it’d be easier for the developers to hire Japanese actors.

It’s clear that since a large portion of game revenue comes from the states, they’re trying to appeal to that market. I can understand that but I’m curious as to what consumers in the country these games are developed think.

I assume it’s similar to how Americans are making movies with a Chinese mindset such as transformers and the Meg. They know these movies will bomb in the US but they make so much money overseas. After realizing this they decided to have some scenes take place in China and cast chinese actors. I’d be fine with this if not for the censorship that comes with it, specifically the no ghosts no gays rule.

In the end, I just see movies made for Chinese audiences by American filmmakers to be similar to games made for American audiences by Japanese designers. Are those in Japan upset because a different country is dictating what they will eventually play as well or is it not as big of a deal as I thought?

https://ift.tt/2zhExOV Tuned For Everything Norman We Don't Mess Around when it comes to things pertaining to the man.

No comments:

Post a Comment