Wednesday, November 3, 2021

What should I know about Georgia ?-UNR

https://ift.tt/eA8V8J

Hi everyone, on mobile here so formatting might be weird.

I’m looking to move to Georgia within the next few years, no specific timeline, but I’m keeping my options open. I currently live in California (born and raised actually). I’ve also lived in Nevada and Arizona for a period of 6 years, for reference on anywhere else I’ve traveled to.

I know Georgia is a completely different climate and atmosphere than what I’ve experienced in my life, so I obviously plan to visit before I definitely move all the way across country. I’ve done research and such about what areas I’d possibly like to move to, but I would love input from a local’s perspective.

My questions are:

  • What area of Georgia is safest?

  • Is the weather pretty consistent in all parts of the state, or are there different weather patterns for different areas?

  • What is the actual cost of living there? Like is it comparable to California? Is it cheaper? Is it higher?

  • How is the housing market out there? Like I understand there’s housing cost increases everywhere, but it seems to be worst in California, which is causing everyone to move from here to other states, which in turn, raise everywhere else’s living costs.

  • What are the childcare costs like? I currently have a 3yo and I plan to eventually get married and expand my family, and I’d like to be prepared on costs before I bring another child into the world.

I’ve been looking to move to Atlanta or the Senoia area, but I’m completely open to other areas of the state. Atlanta specifically because my child and I hold memberships to Six Flags, and they’re valid at any SF park in the US. And, this is gonna sound childish I know, but Senoia because of The Walking Dead. I want to be able to do the tours and such and possibly (long shot actually) see Norman Reedus at his restaurant there. I’ve looked into Senoia a lot and the cost of living is a little high, so I’m willing to travel to there rather than live there.

Is there anything else I should know about Georgia that I haven’t considered? Thank you everyone in advance for your input!

https://ift.tt/3q1LdZr Tuned For Everything Norman We Don't Mess Around when it comes to things pertaining to the man.

No comments:

Post a Comment