Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Music video word salad-UNR

https://ift.tt/eA8V8J

I’ve been going down a Lady Gaga rabbit hole and here are some of my thoughts about her music videos. This isn’t an exclusive list, just some random thoughts I wanted to call out

  • Judas’ music video is fucking bomb and you can’t convince me otherwise. Cue Stefon voice This video has everything - biker gang Jesus, high fashion Mary Magdalene, choreo SERVE (as they all do), yellow hair Gaga, a three way party hot tub, AND Norman Reedus?!? Idk if this opinion is pop or unpop but I love it

  • I love how all her music videos have such interesting concepts!! Few if any are even similar? Let me know if you think I’m wrong

  • Marry the Night is SO underrated. I love it with just audio, but the video really adds another layer. I don’t think i had watched it back when it was released and found it beautiful and poignant

  • She should have made music videos for EVERY song ever! Just me being greedy, but I really would have liked to see videos for Teeth and Speechless (among others like Scheibe which I’m glad is getting love here!!)

  • I FUCKING want a jukebox musical with her songs. I’ve been thinking about it for a few days and here’s what I have so far. A woman is in a new/unknown country and meets a mysterious man, Alejandro or Judas. They fall in love fall cultural/language differences (Americano) and turns out hes insidious (Monster/Teeth). That sounds really bad when I type it out, but I just know there’s more there with all her songs!

  • Born this way is probably my favorite album. I love the rocky undertones and think she excels when she can just really get down on stage and get grimy

  • Piggybacking off that, I also love rocky pop country hip slinging Gaga on songs like John Wayne, You and I, AYO. That being said, Joanne isn’t my fav album

https://ift.tt/38hp5Od Tuned For Everything Norman We Don't Mess Around when it comes to things pertaining to the man.

No comments:

Post a Comment