Friday, November 22, 2019

Spoiler Alert from first couple of seasons: Is Carol a bad actor or is the bland/boring character who the writers want her to be?-UNR

https://ift.tt/eA8V8J

The character has never bothered me as she is a well needed mother figure in the show, however, every time Carol speaks, it seems as if she really doesn't want to be there. And what i mean is not "Carol" the character, but who plays Carol (I don't know real name). I've noticed it since probably a couple of episodes in after she was introduced. Yes, she had the abusive husband and her daughter died, but I expect a little more from her character than aloof talking that has a sense of not really caring.

Add:

Thanks for answering everyone. I guess I should have been more clear. I have seen every episode up through last Sunday. My point is not the character and what all Carol has gone through and all of the confidence she has gained through the seasons. My point is how boring she is when she speaks. It comes across like a disinterested school teacher. Daryl (Norman Reedus) is THE BEST DAMN ACTOR on this show along with Negan (Jeffrey Dean Morgan) and (clears throat) Siddiq (Avi Nash). Just listening to Carol speak makes me cringe half the time. IRL, I would think she's cool, but would definitely distance myself because frankly her tone and delivery is annoying. Like I said, it's like when someone asks you a question and as you are answering it they respond in a way that is disingenuous and fragile. With all that being said, I think she was more believable in the first couple of seasons when she was meek and modest. I think the wrong turn for the writers was when they tried to turn her into a B.A. She's not a B.A. to me (Michonne on the other hand...) and the acting seems weaker now because of it. Recall when she runs away to the cottage and doesn't want anything to do with anyone anymore? She just wants to be a recluse? That's how I will always think of her. They tried to reinvent her as a rough and rugged character. It just doesn't come through in the performance imo. Oh yeah, don't get me started on how annoying they developed Maggie's character to be.

https://ift.tt/35oSoNE Tuned For Everything Norman We Don't Mess Around when it comes to things pertaining to the man.

No comments:

Post a Comment