Saturday, June 2, 2018

I may have noticed something from the trailers that I've never seen speculated on before.-UNR

https://ift.tt/eA8V8J

I will be using this video with all three trailers linked in one video as my time reference points.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rx4Fq-pKAzM

First off, this is purely speculation, and it MAY have been said before, but I have not seen it yet. So I apologize if that is the case.

Now, I'm going to segment some key times and discuss what I noticed below. I will number each scenario 1 through 4.

1) Here at 5m16s we see the businessman connect to the artificial womb.

2) Here at 7m5s we see Mads' character connected to four soldiers, then promptly disconnects as he sends them out.

3) Here at 12m28s we see the other guy detach his womb in haste knowing he's about to be taken by the creatures. I'll go further into why I've linked all of the moments pertaining to the wombs and umbilical cords further down the page.

4) And finally, here we see Norman's character Sam pick up the womb after the other guy has told him to run.

Something I need to clear up before we start. It is clear that all of the trailers may be taking place in one world. It's also possible that there is "time traveling" involved. But we cannot rule out that the first and third trailers and the second trailer may be different universes. For the sake of this explanation, let's go off the notion that it is one world and different eras, or different times the trailers are set at. But ultimately it should not matter for this as there are so many contradictions that can be made for nearly every argument about the game lol.

What I think could be a very prominent part of the game's weapon systems and or combat, is the ability to use these entities connected to whatever the umbilical cords come out of on the host. As you can see in #2, Mads has four soldiers connected and uses them for some sort of task, more than likely to do something to the businessman. Kill him, rob him of the baby(my guess), take him as a hostage, etc.

My thought is that this mechanic might be used as a weapon, for resurrecting from death, to thrive in the world. It would make sense that there would be some sort of upgrade system involved with the umbilical-like attachments. For instance, in scenario #1, the businessman attaches to the baby womb with his cord, he knows the creatures are coming and attaches to save his life in case he is killed. Shortly after is when Mads' character sends his weapons after him.

As for #3 and #4, I'm not sure what to make of these. The baby womb is handed off to Sam, there's an explosion, Norman Reedus ends up underwater with the funky fetus inside him, then shows back up in the first trailer's location with the fatigues on and the baby in hand. This is where my speculation dies down a little because I have no fucking clue what is going on between the different eras, Mads' character doing the similar hand gesture, all the weird shit that connects the trailers together.

It's all life/death, forward in time/back in time, different worlds, just a crazy mess of what's going on.

TLDR; Basically what I noticed is that the umbilical cords may be up-gradable, can be used as weapons AS WELL as a new life, etc. This has to be some part of the core combat mechanics in the game.

Then again I could be completely wrong because none of the trailers made any sense.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edit: Working on fixing the formatting

https://ift.tt/2Hdf7Q8 Tuned For Everything Norman We Don't Mess Around when it comes to things pertaining to the man.

No comments:

Post a Comment