Wednesday, January 18, 2023

How do you feel about famous movie and TV actors/actresses in games?-UNR

https://ift.tt/ZaesA4c

Personally I can't stand it. They always become the central focus of the marketing campaign. Just look at the recent Death Stranding 2 advertisements. Kojima released a silhouette of an actress with no information to get people guessing who it might be. We knew nothing about the game but rather than advertise the game they advertised who was in it.

I don't really care if the game has Peter Dinklege, Littlefinger, Page, or fucking Chuck Norris in it. It doesn't make me want to play it anymore. In fact its a pretty good indication that the game is mediocre and using our obsession with Hollywood actors to sell it.

At worst it actively hurts my enjoyment of the game. I love Kojima games, but I dislike Norman Reedus so I still haven't played Death Stranding because the idea of looking at Reedus for 40 hours is just completely unappealing to me.

What do you think? Do famous actors make you want to play a game more? Do they turn you off from a game? Or do you just not care that?

https://ift.tt/b4AKiNR Tuned For Everything Norman We Don't Mess Around when it comes to things pertaining to the man.

No comments:

Post a Comment