Saturday, July 16, 2022

Two Weeks until Season 2, let's review-UNR

https://ift.tt/489UyE0

Seeing as we are now two weeks away from the premiere of Season 2, I wanted to take this time and give my thoughts on Season One as a whole. I'll be giving my thoughts on each episode in a list from least favorite to favorite episode. I've love to hear opinions in the comments too! Everybody feels different about every episode of course. Buckle up, this'll be a long ass post.

Starting at number eight, my least favorite episode of the season, is Ep. 4: C.H.E.R.U.B. Tbh, this episode isn't very memorable to me. I don't often rewatch it. There's some good jokes, but I just don't care enough to watch it again unless I'm binging the season as a whole.

Number 7, Ep. 1: Murder Family. I enjoy it, the jokes are good, the scene where Blitzø is hiding from Martha is intense, JELLY SANDWICHES- Ahem, excuse me. I like how they reestablish everything again, like the book and Stolas and Blitzø's transactional relationship, since much time has passed since the pilot and things have changed. Solid episode.

Number 6, Ep. 0: Pilot. Yes, I am including the pilot here, even though it's technically not an episode of the season as a whole. I really enjoy the pilot. Plenty of good, quotable lines, maybe a little fast paced but packs in the plot well in my opinion, the animation still holds up. I still prefer Millie's pilot voice sometimes, I don't hate her current one, it was just a little jarring by the time Ep. 1 came out. We have a sweet little musical number in "Oh Millie", and the I.M.P jingle to boot. Solid episode again.

Number 5, Ep. 2: Loo Loo Land. Great episode. We see more into Stolas's strained relationship with his wife and daughter here, the implications it could've been an arranged marriage, how Stolas's cheating is affecting Octavia. We meet Fizzaroli in this episode, well, Robo Fizz, but it still provided a small look into Blitzø's past. We get the beautiful musical number that is "You Will Be Okay". The animation is miles better already and it's only the second (third counting the pilot) episode. Jokes are fantastic. Solid episode.

Number 4, Ep. 3: Spring Broken. Love it. Introduces Verosika, showing us a little of Blitzø's past romantic relationships, we see a little more into Loona and Blitzø's father/daughter relationship, awesome music that is "Vacay to Bonetown". The absolute perfection that is the fourth-wall break calling out all the Loona simps. And to top it off, we get drunk possum- I mean drunk Moxxie. Also killer seen with Millie taking out that monster fish. Solid episode.

Number 3, Ep. 6: Truth Seekers. Man, that was truly worth the wait when it came out! Emotional gut punches at every turn! The music, the animation, chef's kiss. The D.H.O.R.K.S are hilarious, I love Agent 1's voice a lot. The fight scene, holy shit, the fight scene. Incredible in showing off everyone's skills. And Blitzø's "Now who wants some quality time with Daddy" may have caused me a nosebleed or two, Brandon Rogers IS Blitzø and no one else could do better. And my god, Stolas's entrance when he arrives to save them, goosebumps. Fucking goosebumps. Rock solid episode.

Number 2, Ep. 5: The Harvest Moon Festival. We got our boy Striker here, I may not know Norman Reedus from anything else, but his VA talent is off the CHARTS. The animation in this episode is god tier, with scenes like when Moxxie discovers the gun, and the ending with Striker after he talked to Stella. We get a cool music number in "Sweet Victory". We also get to meet some of Millie's family, including my girl Sallie Mae. And we see how bad Stolas's cheating really is in Stella's attempt in getting him killed. Rock solid episode.

And finally, Number 1, Ep. 7: Ozzie's. The animation. Sweet Satan, the animation. It's so fucking gorgeous here. Stolas's cape when he arrives for his date, my god. Blitzø's jacket, I love it, I want it. Asmodeous's design is gorgeous. We meet the real Fizzaroli this time and he is fantastic, Alex Brightman NAILS this role. The angst in this episode got me near tears. The fact that both Blitzø and Stolas want more out of this relationship now but it's too little too late, since Blitzø believes Stolas only wants him for sex. We see so much into Blitzø's past, how he was good friends and possibly in a relationship with Fizz but one of the two, or both, screwed it up bad. How Verosika seemed to actually really like Blitzø at one point but he was already broken by then and ruined it with her. We get Ozzie and Fizz's sweet little secret relationship. Moxxie's song is good, but it leads into the absolute POWERHOUSE that is "House of Asmodeous". And by now it's clear that Stella and Octavia have moved out, leaving Stolas more alone than ever. And the ending with Blitzø looking at photos of his past and breaking down over the photo of him, his mom, and his sister, absolutely heartbreaking. Best episode of Helluva Boss to date, I can't wait to see if it can be topped in Season 2. Rock solid episode.

https://ift.tt/ybKA7Nf Tuned For Everything Norman We Don't Mess Around when it comes to things pertaining to the man.

No comments:

Post a Comment