Saturday, May 15, 2021

I am the first filmmaker to sell his feature film as an NFT. AMA!-UNR

https://ift.tt/eA8V8J

Hi Reddit, I am Norith Soth (https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1451354/?ref\_=nv\_sr\_srsg\_0) , professional screenwriter of 25 years, director of 4 feature films, including the movie in discussion tonight, the first movie NFT, NICODEMUS.  

Proof: https://imgur.com/a/UpEHXIb

www.nicodemusnft.com

https://bloody-disgusting.com/indie/3663014/nicodemus-allegedly-first-completed-horror-film-available-nft-trailer/

I directed by first feature film at 19, "Beyond the Screen Door", an adaptation of "The Metamorphosis" by Franz Kafka, followed by "Breakneck", "Face" and "Nicodemus."  At first, I was trying to get into the Sundance/Miramax movement, when indie films like "Clerks" were being bought for $1 million.  Eventually, I just made these films to make them, with total disregard for commercial appeal.  

The complete opposite of my career as a screenwriter, which has lasted about 25 years.  I have worked with directors like Justin Lin, Malik Bader and Dario Argento, actors like Norman Reedus and Kathleen Robertson.  I have written over 250 screenplays and TV shows.  One of them was about the Mt.Gox hack, at the time, the biggest heist in history (about $500 million).  The more I learned about cryptocurrency, the more I became enamoured with it.  I haven't fallen that hard since movies.  The freedom of crypto, the sheer feeling that anything can be done.  Only crypto and movies have instilled this this sensation that the impossible can be shattered.

Today, crypto reminds me of the evolution of cinema.  A 100 year old medium that began as 20 minute form, then evolved into a 90 minute form, then became sound, then color, then 3D, and so on and so on.  It was almost illogical how rapidly homo sapiens adopted movies as a commercial form, but in hindsight, it made total sense. 

This of course leads to today's AMA regarding NFT.  $2 billion has been spent on NFT in the first quarter of 2021, a 2,100% increase from Q4 in 2020 ($93 million).  While many of this is silly, and I admit, downright stupid and baffling (in terms of what has sold and for what amounts), major artists and auction venues have entered the NFT space.   I thought it was only a matter of time before a director auctioned his filmas an NFT.  The way I see, if you have the chance to be first at something, you have to take it, but there are other reasons.

Let's talk about why I decided to enter the ring as the first director to auction of his film on NFT, why this is the future of art house cinema, what happened to the music industry at the turn of the century, what happened to film distribution 10 years later, how major events can permanently shift habits (such as the 2008 crash and the 2020 pandemic), Kevin Smith, Miramax, films festivals, Jesus, Franz Kafka, Satoshi Nakamoto, let's talk about anything.  I'm happy to share insights into my career as a storyteller who has seen the entertainment world change drastically over and over again.  Ask me anything.  

https://ift.tt/3uQN4Q9 Tuned For Everything Norman We Don't Mess Around when it comes to things pertaining to the man.

No comments:

Post a Comment