Thursday, February 4, 2021

So I re-watched the walking dead recently...-UNR

https://ift.tt/eA8V8J

I'm interested to hear people's thoughts on the quality of the shows recent seasons.

The walking dead was hands down my favourite show for years. Once it got to season 6 I started to lose a bit of interest but still continued to watch it religiously every week because of the investment. After season 8 finished (which was a poor season imo) I stopped watching entirely because I knew Andrew Lincoln was leaving the show.

Fast forward a few years and I decide to watch it all again since it's on Amazon prime and I was blown away by the quality of viewing in seasons 9 and 10 (particularly season 9b). I was not expecting it without Rick as the main protagonist. The time skip undoubtedly helps as it's a good opportunity to wipe the slate clean and start new plots and storylines. I'm so hyped to be in love with this show again!

Seasons 6, 7 and 8 are by far the worst of the show for me personally, (Which many may disagree with) but the change in show runner has clearly had a positive impact imho. Andrew Lincoln is an incredibly gifted actor and the show isn't the same without him. On the other hand, actors like Melissa McBride, Norman Reedus and Danai Gurira have all have stepped up to the plate and delivered in abundance with some stellar performances. I'd also like to give a special shout-out to the actors who portray Saddiq and Judith as they have also performed brilliantly. Geoffrey Dean Morgan is obviously amazing in this too because he's amazing in everything.

Lastly, (and l'll probably get criticised for this) I am so glad that they killed Carl off. I understand that many fans loved him as a character but I really don't rate Chandler Riggs' acting chops at all. He seems like a good kid and I heard rumours that the show screwed him over a bit which I'm not condoning, but ultimately I think the show is now better for it.

And that is just this dead man's opinion (can't go back Bob). What's yours?!

https://ift.tt/2Lony3s Tuned For Everything Norman We Don't Mess Around when it comes to things pertaining to the man.

No comments:

Post a Comment