Friday, February 19, 2021

I played this game on a whim and it changed my life forever. [THE MILDEST OF SPOILERS]-UNR

https://ift.tt/eA8V8J

There are cultural moments in our lives that change us forever. For me, personally, that was watching the final episode of Bojack Horseman, that was reading Cormac McCarthy's The Road, that was watching a live performance of Eugene O'Neill's Long Days Journey Into Night...and that was playing the final chapters of Death Stranding. When it was all over I put my head in my hands and I cried. And then I cheered/cried when I saw the porters I had connected with in the credits. The implications of everything this piece of art represented was genuinely overwhelming for me.

I'm a middle aged father of a four year old, I have an extremely stressful job, and I didn't know anything about Kojima or this game beyond that Norman Reedus was in it and I could pick it up for 20 bucks. But it looked chill with lots of walking and that was a meditative experience I was looking for, considering my crazy stressful life. So picked it up thinking it would replace No Man's Sky as my pre-bed chill game. Little did I know...my entire perspective on life and my role in it would shift immensely.

I never played a Metal Gear Solid game in my life, I probably won't because my schedule won't allow it, but I am so impressed by this Hideo Kojima person and his entire team that made this game. I still think Witcher 3 might be my favorite game, but I think Death Stranding is the most important video game I have ever played and I am so thankful that I had the opportunity to experience it. I'm definitely going back in for round two, and I plan on giving some of you fellow porters as many likes as the chiral network will allow.

There's no way anyone who made this game is going to see this post, but if they do I want them to know that this game has made the world a better place, and they should be proud of that.

https://ift.tt/3ufczuE Tuned For Everything Norman We Don't Mess Around when it comes to things pertaining to the man.

No comments:

Post a Comment