Tuesday, July 30, 2019

AITA in a conversation that declined so fast.-UNR

https://ift.tt/eA8V8J

Ok so i was going to post screenshots here but i guess i can't. So you get a manuscript instead!

Some setup. I have a longterm female friend (N) that I've been trying to set up a D and D campaign with the last few weeks. We were in the modst of dicussing another friend I had asked who declined when this happened.

N: I wish people didn't jave such contradicting schedules :/

Me: That's always hard to manage sadly, unless they all work in the same place and have no families.

N: bahaha I have a family but I don't do a family night.

Me: I do a Walking Dead night with my family, but its on break for a few weeks.

N: How's that show not over yet? There's only so much you can do with zombies.

Me: Because it's not about zombies. It HAS zombies but they aren't the focal point. The comic only ended this year.

N: It got really crappy after seaaon 5. I jist cant watch it anymore. The only reason I hung on was for Norman Reedus. JDM can't even restore my interest.

Me: 🤷 Ok. Its a big thing with my family you don't have to like it.

N: Thank you for your permission. Im soooooo glad I'm allowed to not like it. I was worried to death. THANK GOD.

Me: Ok. I'll Rephrase that, Please dont shit on something i enjoy with my family as a courtesy please.

N: Ill give my opinion openly and freely. Not just gonna stop not liking it jist because you do.

Me: Im not saying you do N.

N: If you cant handle criticism of a tv show you should re evaluate things.

Me: Im asking you not to trash at something i hold important with my family solely because you disloke the show.

N: Ill trash it if I want to because I dislike it. Its a show for fucks sake its not like im trashing you for liking it. Dont ask me not to criticize something I dont like just because you enjoy it.

Me: Again. You can hate it all you want.

N: Super glad I have permission to do that. You dont want to open a can of worms here.

Me: Ok later. Your nitpicking at me for no reason here.

N: Im gonna stop you right there. Quit while your ahead trust me.

Me: I juat wanted you to not trash on something I hold important with my family at me. Despise it all you want but there no point in us discussing it.

N: Again I will freely and openly give my opinion on the matter. Its not my fault you can handle criticsm on a fictional tv show. Keep arguing and I will not be nice.

And thats the summary. Havent bothered responding anymore but am strongly considering whether or not to invest my time into the "friend" anynore after just the random outburst at something so miniscule. Or am I being the A hole?

https://ift.tt/2LRfVBc Tuned For Everything Norman We Don't Mess Around when it comes to things pertaining to the man.

No comments:

Post a Comment