Wednesday, November 22, 2023

The Boondock Saints is a Tarantino-esque work of genius - baffled I'd never heard of it before-UNR

https://ift.tt/CHDvoaK

I happened to watch it as I saw it was in Prime and starred Willem Dafoe. I was not expecting it to be so bloody good.

This film is up there with Tarantino's works, has a stellar cast and incredible writing. Just a great fun film with an edge as it has serious social commentary narrative.

I love how bizarre, funny and balls to the walls nuts it gets.

It has to be Dafoe's greatest role. He is having so much fun with this role. Utterly chewing up the scenery.

Norman Reedus and Sean Patrick Flanery just really likeable and very funny as the two brothers. Hah there's a surprise role from the great Billy Conelly. And even a particularly menacing performance from Ron Jeremy.

Just a brilliant dark movie. I can't believe the writer director Troy Duffy is as well known or hasn't made anything noteworthy since, he's clearly a genius since this was his first ever movie and script.

https://ift.tt/dgclZG1 Tuned For Everything Norman We Don't Mess Around when it comes to things pertaining to the man.

No comments:

Post a Comment