Sunday, January 3, 2021

I do not understand the appeal of Death Stranding-UNR

https://ift.tt/eA8V8J

I got a few hours into this game and it's rough. It's received so much praise and it has lots of fans I really wanted to see what the hype was about.

I wanna say, I absolutely respect the dedication to the gameplay and mechanics. They really went for a style of gameplay. And the scenery is very pretty. Some of the best I've seen.

However...

The inventory management and terrible menu systems bug me in a way I can't properly articulate. I understand that there's a level of strategy and thoughtfulness that you have to take in order to effectively navigate, I just... Don't want to.

The story is weird and melodramatic and very nonsensical. And I don't like the Bridge Babies. It feels very emotionally manipulative, but also lazy. "Don't fall, you might make your psychic fetus cry."

The game kinda feels like it doesn't want me to enjoy it.

Also, I'm not a fan of Norman Reedus. He gets on my nerves.

...I don't think this game is for me.

https://ift.tt/2LadZEJ Tuned For Everything Norman We Don't Mess Around when it comes to things pertaining to the man.

No comments:

Post a Comment