Wednesday, November 22, 2017

The State of TWD and its View Numbers Dropping-UNR

http://ift.tt/eA8V8J

I have been a fan of TWD since S1 E1. I have stood next to the TV series and have cared for it the entire way through. I will always love the show it will always watch it every Sunday night with my father. But I am noticing a large group of "fans" recently complaining about the state of the TV show and its quality of content. This morning I woke up and went through all the news on my phone and read an article about the declining view number for TWD. Found Here Reading through the comment section of this post made me sick to my stomach to see so many people absolutely clueless about what TWD is supposed to be. I would like to go over a few thoughts I have in my head about TWD, and what other people are saying about it. First of all, I would like to dispute the argument that the show is no longer about zombies. One comment in particular said that the show is called “The Walking Dead” therefore it should be about zombies, not humans. But think about it, few times in the show has it actually been about zombies. The most it has ever been about zombies was in the first season and a little bit in the second season. Even in those episodes though it was more about humans and them interacting with each other. Like Season 1 Episode 4, “Vatos”. The dispute between the people of the nursing home and the original Atlanta group. Or all the way through season 2, with Shane killing Otis, or Hershel not wanting to share his farm with Ricks group. It has always been about the dispute between humans and how they interact with each other when something like this happens to the world. Back to the comment about “The Walking Dead”. I would like to remind everyone about season 5 episode 10 where Rick grimes says “We, are the walking dead”. Implying to the fans that the walking dead, are not the walkers, they are the humans, living in a world full of walkers. I believe the shows focus has never been about the zombies. It’s been about humans, dealing with the walkers, and with each other. Another comment on this article stated that season 8, and the concept of “ALL OUT WAR” is confusing with all the constant action, and often flashbacks. One person even complained that the show spends too long on character development, and then goes into an action packed episode, making the episodes uneven, causing the viewer to be confused. My comment to that is not a very nice one. If you are watching a TV show or movie and you are confused about what’s going on, then you shouldn’t watch it. Go watch something like “The Office” or “Big Bang Theory”. The Walking Dead Is not supposed to be an “easy to watch” TV show. They want their audience to be engaged, and know as much as possible about the characters, while also keeping them entertained in the show with action packed scenes and a lot of gross blood and guts. The show is very political and will be forever. If you want to watch a gross zombie TV show without the political side, go watch “Z-Nation” People keep saying that The Walking Dead is dying and no one watches it anymore. Let me remind you that it is still the most watched series on cable television. Yeah, people may not be watching it live every Sunday, but we have DVR’s, Netflix, Amazon, and TWD is even available for live viewing on Steam. I don’t think TWD is anywhere close to being dead, (Pun Intended) and people will be watching it for years to come. If you read this all the way through, THANK YOU! Please give me your thoughts and opinions on the topic.

http://ift.tt/2BcCbNg Tuned For Everything Norman We Don't Mess Around when it comes to things pertaining to the man.

No comments:

Post a Comment