Saturday, September 2, 2017

Actor Norman Reedus on Photography and 'Finding Beauty in the Macabre'-UNR

http://ift.tt/eA8V8J

Source Highlights from the interview:

Many of your images have an unnerving, almost macabre element to them. What attracts you to dark subjects ?

...In acting, I’ve always said that I like seeing the contrast. I like it when angels stab you in the back, and devils break down in tears...

...A lot of times, maybe because of the way I look, I’m cast as a murderer or somebody with a troubled past. Finding the good qualities about those characters is more interesting than playing a one-note bad guy...

Looking through your book, a few motifs jumped out at me – masks in particular. What do they symbolise to you?

... There’s just something about them. I think it’s weird that if you look in the mirror you see one version of yourself. Then if someone looks at you dead on, they see a different version of you. I’m also interested in the way you carry yourself behind a mask. I’ve always liked horror films...

We are hungry for new information about Death Stranding and we still have few months for a new trailer. Kojima is very quiet nowadays and he retweeted this article. Our luck is Norman talks about acting for question about his photographs. All the information and data are indirect, so take it with a grain of salt - I don't think the interviewer or Norman was intentionally teasing Death Stranding but I do think what Norman said also applies to previous and maybe even his current project (with Kojima). As Kojima once said: I wanted to show a different side of Norman than we're used to seeing in Walking Dead...Most people only know him as Daryl from 'The Walking Dead'.

So how to interpret/process this information regarding the interview and previous statement ?

In Walking Dead, Norman is very nice, emotional, loyal, brave and caregiving character. In PT even if it was a teaser, he was casted for a character that murdered his entire family. I think in Death Stranding Norman will have a similar character with darker personality (like in Dark Harbour or Cigarette Burns instead of Heroic Daryl Dixon) and just like he said we will find the good qualities about his character and it is more interesting than playing a one-note bad guy.

Stretching the statements

As for how he talks about 'masks' and how Kojima told him 'they will be you'; in my opinion we will be the mask for an evil protagonist or rather replacement. Maybe thats why Mads is a character rather than a villain because just like all the protagonist we controlled so far, Mads was fighting with the evil character and this time we are the evil character.

Kojima start hiring actors because advancing technology allows characters to perform movie quality acting performance. I'm expecting to see very edgy, emotional game with lots of twists. I'm so hyped for what next trailer could bring to the table.

http://ift.tt/2vBb53m Tuned For Everything Norman We Don't Mess Around when it comes to things pertaining to the man.

No comments:

Post a Comment