Friday, September 29, 2017

Finally catching up and just watched "Swear". you all know what I'm thinking.-UNR

http://ift.tt/eA8V8J

I googled around a bit after seeing it to see if I was the only one, and found a few threads here, and a few articles elsewhere. and for the sake of me just now getting there, I thought I'd open this can again.

Tara is heavier than she should be. yes, I get that the actress had a baby, and she's nursing. cool. more power to her. But she's also an actress. she's not reading a book on tape, a large part of her job is her appearance. There's no beating around that bush. She was hired, in part, because of how she looks. and she looks drastically different. If norman reedus got a haircut, and refused to wear a wig, we would say something about it, because it would be wrong. if lincoln got breast implants and didn't hide them, I think we would say something about it. yes, its normal to gain weight during a pregnancy, as is getting a haircut, as is having a different gender identity, but that's not ok to bring to an established role, and to expect people to be quiet about it is presumptuous and dumb. If she needed more time for nursing, then they should have written her out for a longer period of time. she was already written out to have the child, so extending that for a few more months would have worked out just fine. Or, if the role is THAT important, plenty of actresses have lost some or all of their baby weight in less time than that.

I'm not trying to be insensitive to her needs as a new mother. because that should come first, 100%. but to take that expectation and expect the same sensitivity in her job, which is partially based on her physical appearance, thats ridiculous. it ruined the whole episode for me, because she was not the same character anymore, and I couldn't stop focusing on it.

http://ift.tt/2x2JFPP Tuned For Everything Norman We Don't Mess Around when it comes to things pertaining to the man.

No comments:

Post a Comment