Friday, November 13, 2020

My Review of The Walking Dead: Season 1-UNR

https://ift.tt/eA8V8J

"I'm grateful."

"The day will come when you won't be."

~

I decided to rewatch The Walking Dead Season 1. Why, you may ask? Well, I've been reading the comics again, and they got me in the mood to watch it. So, let's not waste more time, and let's talk about it!

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

Comic vs Show

While I believe the comics are significantly superior to the show, Season 1 actually managed to be in the same level (and even a little bit better!) than the first volume of The Walking Dead. Mainly because the pacing is a lot better and Shane is a 10000% better character than his comic counterpart. I also like how the storyline is really different from what we originally had (with stufd like the Dixons, the Vatos, and the CDC not being part of the comic). However, one thing I dislike is how underdeveloped the Dale/Andrea relationship is. And I still HATE the smart walkers. But other than that, this season is, overall, better than the volume it adapted.

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

Overall Review

My biggest issue here is how they were still trying to figure out somethings. As I have said before, the smart walkers really take me out. Some scenes, dialogue, acting and directing are also pretty corny. For example, the scene where T-Dog drops the key. It's really dumb. The Vatos storyline feels really out of place too.

But Andrew Lincoln and Jon Bernthal really steal the show here. Their performance are fantastic and they really fit their roles. Norman Reedus is great here too. I like how the characters are introduced, and how they take time to estabilish everything (especially in "Days Gone Bye"). I also really enjoy how we got more insight on the """virus""" in episode 6. I am actually one of the people who genuinely like that finale!

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

Episode Ranking

  1. 1x1 - Days Gone Bye
  2. 1x6 - TS-19
  3. 1x3 - Tell It to The Frogs
  4. 1x5 - Wildfire
  5. 1x2 - Guts
  6. 1x4 - Vatos

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

Final Thoughts

Season 1 is a really solid start to a really solid series. While it still has a lot of minor flaws for me to say it's REALLY great, I'd be damned if I say I don't enjoy this one with all my heart.

Rating: 7.5/10

What are YOUR thoughts on the first season?

https://ift.tt/32K41jf Tuned For Everything Norman We Don't Mess Around when it comes to things pertaining to the man.

No comments:

Post a Comment