Thursday, October 1, 2020

HOT TAKE (please read before downvoting): I hope the TWD cards aren't banned, here's why-UNR

https://ift.tt/eA8V8J

When it comes to EDH, I'm a bit of a hipster. I love playing weird, janky themes/commanders with unique strategies while making sure everyone still has a good time. I also tend to lean toward LGS pods - store regulars I know and random strangers. This way, my own personal meta is fresh, and I can try to bring just a splash of humor to everyone's day. For a while, I've been looking for a casual, fun, "political combat"-style deck, but haven't really found one that's spoken to me.

  • [[Kenrith, the Returned King]] - leans toward cEDH combo
  • [[Xyris, the Writhing Storm]] - leans toward wheels
  • [[Queen Marchesa]] - close, but poor ramp colors (monarch's cool though)
  • [[Gahiji, Honored One]] - also very close (might use if TWD is banned)

Lo and behold, [[Daryl, Hunter of Walkers]] was spoiled, and I think he might be the guy. He lets me give zombies to my "frenemies", making deals while encouraging combat. I can then later take care of those zombies myself with things like [[Thornbite Staff]], [[Apex Altisaur]], and [[Aether Flash]], and close things out with [[Repercussion]], [[Vicious Shadows]], and [[Mob Rule]]. Black hate cards work too, like [[Reap]], [[Pygmy Kavu]], and [[Spectral Force]]. Also helps that I don't mind crossovers, and I think Norman Reedus is a pretty cool actor, from TWD and Death Stranding, haha.

I'm excited to build him (already have a list!), and I hope I don't have to always ask permission whenever I sit at a table of strangers. However, with this whole debacle, it seems like now I will get some eye rolls at the very least.

TLDR: I'm excited to build him, and play against randoms without issue. I know I'm a drop of water in an ocean here, a sheep getting into a lion's den. But please, I'm honestly interested in everyone's rebuttal - instead of downvoting, comment below instead.

https://ift.tt/3n6rLGR Tuned For Everything Norman We Don't Mess Around when it comes to things pertaining to the man.

No comments:

Post a Comment