Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Give me a good reason to continue playing Death Stranding-UNR

https://ift.tt/eA8V8J

I started Death stranding a few days ago. And boy, is it tedious. I used to think the "tedious" complaints were overblown prior to playing this game, because people said the same thing about RDR2, and i loved that game. But this is just extremely boring. And i say this as a massive Kojima fan. I loved MGS and i love self indulgent, long, wacky Kojima cutscenes.

And when it comes to gameplay, i am a forgiving sort, if the story is amazing. But DS's gameplay is so unforgivably boring that i dont think, even a great story will convince me to continue. Also, the constant exposition is extremely irritating. I get that its Kojima, but still, he has shown he can do subtle, in Silent Hill and the like.

And i am also a sucker for good score. One of the best things about RDR2 was the score. The gameplay was mediocre "Rockstar 3rd person" gameplay, but missions such as the Braithwaite Manor mission had such beautifully made score that i did not really mind the otherwise bland gameplay. I was told DS had an even better score, but it seems to kick in like every 3 hrs or so. The rest of the time i am walking around to complete dead silence and Norman's grunts.

In RDR2, the animations were said to be over long and took too much time. But I really did not mind those because they were so well done. In DS, the animations are silly, wonky and cartoonish. The combat barely exists, the core "mechanic" which is walking again, looks dumb as shit, with Norman Reedus carrying a Jenga set on his back.

And why are there so many dumb mechanics? The game could have used a lot less systems and a loit less shittyily designed screens to browse through.

Does the game get better? Will i be rewarded for slogging through post apolyptic America with a skyscraper on my back? I am currently in the second half of chapter 2.

Sorry for the long rant. I went into this game with a lot of expectations.

tl; dr Game boring. Does game get good?

https://ift.tt/36PDVML Tuned For Everything Norman We Don't Mess Around when it comes to things pertaining to the man.

No comments:

Post a Comment