Friday, March 8, 2019

My thoughts on Kinda Funny's purpose-UNR

https://ift.tt/eA8V8J

Hey best friends! So this started as a comment on another post but I decided I wanted to flesh out my thoughts so I didn't come off as attacking any one person or idea. I've been seeing a lot of criticism about KF the past few days on the subreddit. Which is fine, everyone is entitled to their opinions. But I think this where the root of the problem lies. People have their own ideas of what they want KF to be, while not considering what the purpose of KF IS or what what Greg, Tim, Nick, etc... WANT it to be.

There seems to be a lot of misunderstanding in the community about Kinda Funny's purpose. To me, they seem pretty clear on what they want to be. They're a bunch of best friends talking about their lives (KF) and what they enjoy (KFG). They're discussion focused.

When they go through the game news on KFGD they aren't NPR giving you straight facts, they aren't talking heads telling you what to think, and they aren't just fluff pieces like "who wore mocap better? Norman Reedus or Mads Mikkelson in Death Stranding" they're 2-3 friends talking about what they find interesting in the news. They bring up the articles, give the facts, and then provide their opinions on the story and what it might mean for the industry or players.

Games cast is a group of best friends getting together once a week to discuss in-depth what they've been playing. People seem to want them to be journalists and critics and detail the nitty gritty to give them a Point Score that represents "you spent your money correctly" or "you wasted your cash. " As far as I can tell, they don't want to be objective, they don't want to be an IGN. Why would they leave if that's what they wanted to be? The best thing I can get out of their review discussions are "I like these kinds of games usually and when I played this one I liked these aspects and these are the ones I didn't like. Do with that as you please. "

Maybe this appeals to me because I moved away from all my friends last year for a new job in a new city and I don't get to have these discussions with them as often anymore. So for me, this Kinda Funny is what I need. It helps me get that friendly Game discussion that I'm missing other wise. If I wanted an objective critical opinion I'd go to IGN (which I still do before buying) but I love jumping on that hype train with these guys, even on games I'm not interested in.

So Greg, Tim, Nick, Kevin, and everybody keep doing you, baby.

https://ift.tt/2UnfD5D Tuned For Everything Norman We Don't Mess Around when it comes to things pertaining to the man.

No comments:

Post a Comment