Tuesday, August 8, 2023

Why is Death Stranding and Hideo Kojima so highly regarded?-UNR

https://ift.tt/01Bbs8h

I confess I've never been a Metal Gear or a Kojima fan, but Death Stranding was free on Epic Games so I installed to see why it was so beloved. Does anyone know if Hideo Kojima actually plays games? I played about 3 hours of Death Stranding (Kojima Productions) because the cutscenes seemed very interesting and well made. 90% of my playtime was watching cutscenes and that's probably why I lasted that long. I know that the game was made by visionary game designer Hideo Kojima because I was reminded about this about 6 times during my intro play session. My biggest gripe isn't even with the weird gameplay though, it is with immersion. Why make a highly cinematic story and then constantly fill the screen with the real actors names like Guillermo del Toro Special Guest! Music sequences that show the song, artist, and music company providing the music on screen for the duration of the song while playing. Why create an apocalyptical future world drenched in detail like tearing into cans of Monster energy drink and then taking a dump and seeing an advertisement for AMCs Ride With Norman Reedus Tuesdays at 8/7 central! What the hell is this?

(Don't even get me started on the character names like DeadMan, Die-Hard Man, Porter Bridges, The Strand family, Knot City, and on and on and on)

https://ift.tt/WMGh2Of Tuned For Everything Norman We Don't Mess Around when it comes to things pertaining to the man.

No comments:

Post a Comment