Saturday, August 5, 2023

I'm ashamed I waited this long being a life long Kojima fan. One of the best endings ever!-UNR

https://ift.tt/BWXc89C

I didn't dislike it at all but I find it extremely difficult to finish open world games. I bought the collectors edition day 1, didn't finish it. Then bought directors cut for PS5 but as always put it down after about 30 hours this time. Other games always come out and I can never finish open world games. I have hundreds of hours logged into RDR2, FO4, Skyrim, etc and never finished them. Most of them get spoiled and that really takes away the motivation.

I knew I needed to finish this game, because I think Kojima is the last great original innovative game directors left in the AAA category. I finally powered through finished at around 60+hours and I easily could have done way more. I was engrossed in the plot near the end I just had to rush through because I didn't wanna lose the plot but by doing side stuff. That's usually why I don't finish these games because when the narrative is broken up by an open world I end up not caring. Well not to my surprise even as difficult as this story was to follow in some technical ways, I understood all of it. And that fucking ending. Holy shit folks.

I always thought there was some relationship to Cliff, and Sam because every time you stopped Cliff he just wanted a hug. The "real" ending (post the cringy beach jogging) was just incredible. Like always his endings are filled with so much over explaining and repeat exposition I needed it, because it took me so long to get there. I was satisfied with the ending, then the bring Lou to the incinerator mission appears. My gf and I were falling asleep because it was like 2am so I just saved it and said, let's pick up tomorrow I feel there is more. She was already like "this is getting boring" (her first Kojima game). "she keeps repeating herself over and over". And I kinda agree but it was still important to me. We didn't expect for there to be this much more (in a good way).

ANYWAY.. We just finished it and holy shit was in tears and shocked by the reveal about Sam being BB and being Cliffs son. Also the way you play it and are told. Sam standing in that memory and watching it happen was just so god damn well done. Fucking Kojima man, FUCKING KOJIMA. How does he do it? How does he still manage to top himself? I mean MGS is my fav franchise of all time with 4 being my all time fav game of all time. He literally still manages to blow my mind. Imagine being Kojima and having an ocean of ideas and being forced to keep doing MGS. Props to him still making great MGS games even when he didn't want to. I still loved the closure that 5 gave me explaining ehy Big Boss was a bad guy in metal gear etc. But we are hear to talk about DS. That ending man, the inclusion of real actors in these scenes really made them hit harder and feel incredible. Mads was incredible, and even though I don't gush of Norman Reedus like everyone does (I didn't even like him in Boondocks Saints that much) he fucking nailed this, and he's still just playing himself like he always does in every role but this is where the confused person persona actually worked fucking perfectly. Anyway I just came to rant and I'm sad I waiting this long, but I'm happy I did it. What a fucking amazing game and incredible unique gameplay experience. Now all I have to do is convince my friends to play it. They all gave up on it too because of the gameplay but their loss, not mine. Happy to find a community that appreciates it as much as I do. Can't wait for the sequal. I hope Fragile and Sam end up together.

https://ift.tt/Ro2tWuC Tuned For Everything Norman We Don't Mess Around when it comes to things pertaining to the man.

No comments:

Post a Comment