Saturday, September 17, 2022

I beat Death Stranding Director's Cut. First time playing Death Stranding. First time playing a Hideo Kojima game. What an awe-inspiring experience. What a genuine work of art. [Endgame]-UNR

https://ift.tt/NGZOP56
  • What a beautiful, awe inspiring experience. I had heard mixed things about Death Stranding when it was released in 2019, but playing it in 2022, I found it to be a deeply moving experience. In a world fractured and where people are isolated, Sam Ported Bridges sought to bring people together. I love every moment of this game and Sam's journey.

  • And I love how this theme of connecting people is in the game's DNA. Where as most games seek to pit players against eachother, Death Stranding brings players together. I loved how collaborative the experience was. Using equipment fabricated by other players was always a joy.

  • I found Sam's story to be one of the most emotionally resonating stories I have experience in some time. And Norman Reedus' performance was sensational. Playing Sam with all the cool of Clint Eastwood, and all the vulnerability of Marlon Brando. Some of the story reveals were a little obvious, but that didn't make them any less impactful. Sam has become on of my favorite video game protagonists.

  • Really all the performances in the game were sensational. Everything about Cliff and Die-Hardman near the end of the game was just...wow. Their performances were so fucking great.

  • And my god the music was great too. Through out my playthrough I loved going into my private room and blasting Pop Virus. This entire game has a melancholy, yet hopeful tone that I vibe with so much. And it was always so great when I would be approaching my destination and a song from Low Roar would kick in. It gave me goosebumps every time. And how about the final delivery to the incinerator with BB's theme playing. Just incredible. I'll be humming See the Sunset to myself for years to come.

  • I loved the progression too. When you start the game out you feel very weak and everything is terrifying(particularly BTs). But by the end the game has given you so many tools to help you on your journey that BTs don't seem that terrifying anymore. I loved that feeling of progression.

  • The delivery gameplay was very fun. I loved planning my route. Tilting the map to get an idea of the terrain. Fabricating my materials and heading out on my journey. So satisfying everytime I made a delivery.

  • Ultimately I loved everything about this game. From the incredibly unique gameplay, to the absolutely emotional story, the beautiful world(thank you photo mode!!), and the frisson inducing music. The final shot of Sam and Lou hit me so hard. What a work of art.

https://ift.tt/rakmUdq Tuned For Everything Norman We Don't Mess Around when it comes to things pertaining to the man.

No comments:

Post a Comment