Sunday, January 27, 2019

Dealing with paranoid delusional psychosis-UNR

https://ift.tt/eA8V8J

Hello,

I have a friend that I've been texting for a few months now. She has paranoid delusions which causes her to believe that she is the psychic granddaughter of Marilyn Monroe, and that El Chapo conspired with celebrities like Norman Reedus (Walking Dead), Jennifer Lopez, Demi Lovato, Tom Brady, and others to kidnap and torture her before stealing her eggs and making a baby with them.

She's recently started a job at a shoe store and it causes her to be stressed, which makes the delusions worse. Tonight, she kind of snapped at me because I couldn't give her any answers about any of it.

I want to help her but I don't have the slightest clue how other than to try to understand how she feels. I've read that you're not supposed to acknowledge the delusions but the emotional response to them. This makes me sound like a broken record anytime she talks about it.

Anyway, I don't think I have it in me to keep doing this. I care about her but it's getting to me. What should I do?

Should I tell her that she may have a psychosis, even though it will definitely upset her?

Should I try to get her a better therapist (which I don't think is doing a great job BTW)?

Should I just walk away?

Sorry for the long post. Please help!

http://bit.ly/2HAkP4i Tuned For Everything Norman We Don't Mess Around when it comes to things pertaining to the man.

No comments:

Post a Comment