Tuesday, October 17, 2017

I watched Mimic (1997)-UNR

http://ift.tt/eA8V8J

For whatever reason I own this movie despite having never seen it before the other night. As I was watching it, I realize I must have thought Mimic was Species. It is not.

It is interesting in that it’s a Guillermo Del Toro movie, his first all English-language movie. Having seen all of his movies now except for Crimson Peak, I think this might be his weakest movie, and I’m someone that hated Pacific Rim. Mimic does not, unfortunately, hold up in any regard. It’s not particular scary, the plot is boring, the effects aren’t great, and the acting is kind of bad. I felt absolutely zero chemistry between the supposed “married” couple of the movie.

Seeing Norman Reedus in one of his first roles though was pretty surprising, given how freaking young and almost unrecognizable he looks. But I was severely disappointed with the lack of Ron Perlman.

IMDB if you need a refresher of what this movie is

http://ift.tt/2xLyuLF Tuned For Everything Norman We Don't Mess Around when it comes to things pertaining to the man.

No comments:

Post a Comment