Sunday, October 24, 2021

Kojimas High Paid actors and Lack of Voice Acting-UNR

https://ift.tt/eA8V8J

One thing I've noticed playing Death Stranding is the lack of dialogue from Sam (Norman Reedus). It was the same thing in the Phantom Pain. He had Kiefer Sutherland voicing Venom Snake/Big Boss and he barely had any Dialogue in that game. I look back at the other amazing games Kojima made like all the previous MGS titles before 5 and notice obviously there was always a ton of dialogue for his main guys. David Hayter (the GOAT) had thousands of voice lines throughout the series and it was fantastic.

You may be wondering where I am going with this and my point would be I wonder if the fact that Kojima using these fancy high paid actors has made his works suffer through a lack of dialogue. It just costs too much money to have Norman or Kiefer voice hundreds or thousands of lines for a game. They are already being paid a ton just to be in the game let alone do all that voice acting. I just find it strange that Kojima would go from a super talkative protagonist to almost silent ones right after changing to high profile actors. I would gladly take back unknown people to voice act if it meant we got more dialogue. I Just dropped off Mama at Mountain Knot city and after she's laying their dead her sister says some thing and Sam just looks at her with my green bro shades and red Trump hat on and doesn't utter a word and sticks the Q-pid in the machine. I thought it was so weird lol. Just wish Sam had more voice acting to do and I was wondering if the price of the actors was the symptom of it.

What do you guys think? Do you agree that our protagonists are lacking dialogue since the switch to high profile actors? Would you trade back cheaper actors for more dialogue? I am curious to know what you guys think!

https://ift.tt/3BfYH5v Tuned For Everything Norman We Don't Mess Around when it comes to things pertaining to the man.

No comments:

Post a Comment