Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Pandorum (2009) Is Unexpectedly Excellent-UNR

https://ift.tt/eA8V8J

I was in an AirBNB last week on vacation, perusing the dusty dvd collection and found Pandorum. I'm a big horror and Sci-Fi fan, but had never heard of the film. I popped it in expecting an Asylum Studios level laugher.

I could not have been more wrong. Pandorum was freaking awesome! The cast includes Ben Foster (Hell or High Water), Norman Reedus (Blade, The Walking Dead) and Dennis Quaid (The Parent Trap) and follows the journey of the last remaining humans travelling via the spaceship Elysium to their new home 100+ years away. The characters wake up and things go to shit real fast with super-strong humanoid creatures stalking them and eating whomever they can find.

The plot and lore were fascinating and the minute-to-minute film roll reminded me of a mix of Event Horizon, The Descent and Alien. The acting, production design and story were all great. The film is very tense and creepy. I find it weird that I've never even heard of the movie, but have to say it was well worth the watch if you like the sci-fi horror genre.

https://ift.tt/33zS8KI Tuned For Everything Norman We Don't Mess Around when it comes to things pertaining to the man.

No comments:

Post a Comment