Thursday, April 21, 2022

The Hate For DmC is a Bit Much for a Game that’s actually good and could be Treated as a Prequel…-UNR

https://ift.tt/KYGLC5f

Ok, so I’ve LOVE Devil May Cry since I was 12, it’s an amazing series, love Dante, Vergil, and even Nero(he grew on me), so as a fan of the Original, I can say this with no irony, the hate on DmC is too much. Like, I hated the look of Dante too, thought it was stupid at first that they rebooted everything, and i wasn’t agreeing with the choices at first…until I actually finished the game(and the dlc helped a little too). Let me take a moment to just explain why it isn’t as bad as all the hater make it out too be and hell, I may even give you an idea that this game is actually the secret history of Dante and Vergil…

First; People can say it’s the gameplay, but the game was actually the best “gameplay wise” till 5 came out(NOTE: I’ve played through the original DmC and DmC DE, I didn’t bother me with the difference) and yes, they will say they “made it easier” or whatever…yea, NT wanted it to be a bit more main stream with the gameplay, but let’s not all pretend that the older games didn’t improve though out the year as well, from 1 going into 3, you aren’t going to tell me they didn’t make the controls/gameplay a lot more main stream?? So for them, they wanted to add more and make it a bit easier, which it was actually fun to play, being able to not worry about how I’m supposed to do something to “look cool”, instead I just play and let it happen, stylish gameplay with out trying so hard.

NT was told, “here’s a game, make it so more people will play it now.” And let’s all be honest with ourselves, capcom wanted a lot more people to play this game(yea…it was the opposite but they really did try), so they made a more main stream idea of devil may cry, gameplay and story…and again, being honest here about the original series of games, the story was a mess… from going to 1 to 2 wasn’t bad, you can tell some years passed, than 3 dropped, (which was a soft reboot for the series too, look at it, gameplay was changed, main character changed, people might say no, that’s still Dante…no look at 1 and 2 and tell me they are the same?? Their excuse is “Dante is younger”…ok so it the Dante in DmCI’ll get back to this point later), 4 was another soft reboot by bringing in Nero and Ignoring game 2(and now we have this weird thread of Nero maybe being a son of Sparta and we didn’t get an actual answer to that until the DMC4SE came out to FINALLY give us some kinda of answer, which personally and I’m pretty sure the whole community will agree, it was obvious that Nero was Vergil’s kid) and finally, as a “big sorry” for the big reboot, they did 5, giving us another game with Vergil as the main bad guy, Nero is Vergil’s kid, and everything ends all happy… and even now, we don’t know if DMC2 matters, everyone seems to ignore the personality changed Dante’s been through and think DmC was the only one that changed him…no, my man went from 3(cocky and young) to 1(acting a bit cold and quiet with some cockiness) to 2(all quiet, small amounts of cocky attitude) to 4(cocky and oldish) to 5(cocky and Norman Reedus looking ass)…

After all that, here’s my main reason why I don’t mind and even accept DmC…the younger Dante gave them the same excuse as DMC3 to make Dante more “fun and relatable”, but he ended up looking like some punk rock emo git with a cocky attitude the size of the moon, again tho, this is VERY early Dante, he’s DMC 3 Dante but even more younger. So yea, he’s going to piss people off, especially the hardcore fans that stuck with the game, instead of growing up with Dante, he reverted back and was younger than the fans and at the current times, he acted and looked like someone his age. So look wise, I didn’t mind, he was ok, but everything turned out better when you just play the game and reach the end…he gets his white hair(and yes, I know, first 10mins of the game, a wig got on his head and he said “never in a million years”…people straight up thought it was a dig at old Dante, but no, it wasn’t, it was a small “fuck you” to himself, because in the end, it was foreshadowing that he will end up with the white hair, which he did in the end of DmC.). Now off of his look and attitude, DmC is an Interesting story, it took the originals DMC 3 and 1, and combine them, along with alot of good backstory and lore we NEVER got in the original series, shit, even with Dante and Vergil now being part angel was a welcoming change(it would have giving for so much good stories and ideas for the future, which is pointless now lol).

Now, there is where I ask you to bare with me, people will 100% hate this idea and think it’s too much to do or ask for, but i personally like to put DmC in the original set, as the prequel to it all. I KNOW I KNOW…how?! NO WAY?! But…it’s possible. You see, in DMC3, Dante and Vergil had another meeting before that game, one obviously where they also fought and of course Dante won, DMC3 was Vergil revenge to something we never got to see or play. Well…why not make it DmC? Again, how??? Well, we can do two thing here; either ignore most of the plot with mundus in DmC and only care about the Vergil parts and make that a prequel somehow. Or do like me, make the changes like this; ignore the angel stuff in DmC(so sad about that still, the nephilim story could have been sooooo good) and make it so that DmC was the first time Dante and Mundus fought, and now we go and change some of the story in DMC1 and instead of Mundus getting revenge on Dante for what Sparta did, it’s for what Dante did in DmC and now make the whole “I had a devil too look like your mom” thing mean a lot more, and could explain how Vergil met his “mother” in the dlc, could just be an early Trish working for Mundus, who is still alive but weakened after his fight in DmC, to get Vergil to fight Dante again, in DMC3, who(Vergil) had now unlocked his devil trigger, (seen in the DmC DLC) making it so he’s a lot stronger but he wants more, so he goes for his fathers power too, which goes into 3. Mundus wanted a hell of a lot of VENGEANCE on Dante, plotted to get his brother to fight him again in 3(he failed), so he does what he does in DMC1, taking Vergil to be his bitch as revenge on Vergil for his part in DmC, as seen in the secret ending to DMC3(I mean, it’s a good revenge plot on Vergil, make him think he’s in control and he got all this power, all for it to be taken and he’s forced to be a servant of the guy he tried to take over). Another good thing about DmC was how we never explained why the original DMC world just had demon just in the real world with no reason. Well, in DmC, Vergil and Dante broken the “Mirror” of Limbo, breaking the world, now allowing demons to appear, giving Dante his future job as a devil hunter…

I can go deeper into this but I’ll stop, but I honestly believe DmC isn’t as bad as everyone is making it out to be. Believe me, when it first came out with that first poster of Dante sitting in a jail, taking arrest photos, I hated that shit so much but I still got the game tho, it was devil may cry, of course I had to get it. I hated the first 10mins of it when I saw the wig scene, but I didn’t dropped it and say “fuck this”, I kept going and without a shadow of doubt, it was an amazing game with so much potential…shame that fans just couldn’t let go of the original to let his new one have a chance. Like no offense to anyone here that is a hater of DmC, but you do realize the original story was a mess, and now with 5 done, we probably won’t be seeing Dante in 6 and maybe longer…or Vergil….it’s Nero’s show now, exactly what they wanted after 4 dropped. No lie, I kinda think Capcom did what they did with DmC as a way to make people forget about how the fandom hated Nero at first, and then DmC came out and we got that Dante and everyone hated that, then 5 came out and no one said shit about Nero(especially with the fact that no one realizes that they used the same look for DmC Dante on Nero, same hair, jacket, attitude…), just on Dante’s (and Vergil’s) return to form and how great it was(I agree tho, it was AMAZING to see all that). I believe Capcom wanted to make Nero(a young character) the main character of the series, after 4, people weren’t really agreeing, they said “fuck it, let’s reboot this” and made Dante young so they can have their cake and eat it too and failed partly because of the people, partly because they didn’t handle it with a bit more care.

Anyways, I’m happy to just see Devil May Cry still going, reboot or Original, but for me? I’ll still being playing DmC as part of the original story, so in MY order it will be DmC, DMC 3, DMC1, DMC 4, DMC5, and then DMC2(I’ll still say DMC2 is the ending Dante).

Anyways, I’ve been wanted to talk about this subject for a long time, even wanted to make an “explained” video about it. Writing it down, putting the ideas down, I think I might actually make this video. DmC shouldn’t be the black sheep the of DMC series, it isn’t the best but it isn’t DMC2…that was still probably the worst…BUT just saying tho, DMC2 isn’t all bad, it just raises too many questions on story and placement, gameplay was trash too.

https://ift.tt/WoANnU3 Tuned For Everything Norman We Don't Mess Around when it comes to things pertaining to the man.

No comments:

Post a Comment