Friday, December 8, 2017

A list of things I found-UNR

http://ift.tt/eA8V8J

I originally wrote this on Yong's youtube video upload of the trailer. It got lost in the comments, so I figured it'd be a better idea to upload it it. I've also noticed that some of these points have already been posted. If so, just skim over them I guess. I'll edit this as I find more stuff.

  1. Fetuses give people the ability to detect whatever these creatures are using the "radar" on their backs. I say this because Reedus only began to detect them once he had the fetus in possession. The clicking/spinning seems to be indicative of a proximity sensor. The babies may give other abilities as well.

  2. Fetuses revive you if you die or bring you back from the brink of death at the cost of the fetus.

  3. Reedus cries towards the end. This could be because of the cost of life or because of the damage the creature caused. He could also be crying based on the monolithic figures floating in the air. To be honest, I'm not super sure about this because he doesn't really display any emotion when this happens. We've seen Reedus cry before in other media, so we know he's capable of properly displaying emotion. This may be a side effect to the rebirth process.

  4. When you die, I don't think the water area was a specific area you end up in, but it definitely signified death. It could also signify rebirth. Water, umbilical cords and throwing up the "black" could signify when a doctor smacks a baby and they throw up any fluids in the lungs allowing them to breath properly.

  5. Whatever happens when those things get you is apparently worse than death. This may be because you can revive if you have a fetus, or the death/experience caused by these creatures is terrible. This is signified by Man-Who-Stabs-Himself willing to stab himself to death repeatedly versus whatever fate the creatures have in store for him.

  6. There's gear that ranges. You can see this based on the gear Reedus has versus the mysterious figure who lands on the vehicle. The little "radar" only had three on the stranger while Reedus' had up to *five or so.

  7. I don't know what the fuck that giant, tentacle finger having fuck was that ate the dude, but holy shit was that thing creepy. It had no hands. The tentacles seemed to tie it to the ground, possible showing influence or showing a bond to the area they were in. Giant beastie also had an umbilical cord signifying connection again, possibly to the area it's in.

  8. The bodies they had tied up with the "gold dust" on their faces may be some type of sacrifice. It could have been bait as well to draw the creatures out. This is less likely considering that they don't have any weapons that are immediately visible besides what seems to be a pistol. They could just be scientists studying the effects or some type of research.

  9. Being near or being targeted by the creatures seems to drain the life from you ala the guy who was trapped under the vehicle. He aged rather quickly.

  10. Man-who-stabs-himself tosses the fetus towards Reedus then proceeds to attempt to kill himself. It may be that the creatures are attracted to the fetus or newer life in general. There's not enough to go on to know this though, so speculate away.

  11. There's a bracelet that monitors health status. From green being most healthy to red being close to death. Man-who-stabs-himself shows this when he rises away to his impending doom.

  12. When we zoom into Norman's esophagus, there are handprints to the left of the baby's head. This is easier to see in pictures as there's less movement, so I'll try to upload something later.

  13. The handprints seem to act almost like a "birthmark". Everytime you die or rebirth, you gain a handprint. This could explain the prints all over Reedus' body and they don't seem to be confined to just the skin. See point 12 for this. These could be coming from the fetuses as the prints in his throat are relatively small, though it's more likely that it's an imprint from whatever these creatures are seeing as they're typically the only thing we can see of them.

  14. These creatures are attracted by either sound, or more likely, breathing. It's similar to the Ghibli film Spirited Away when the young girl on the bridge has to hold her breathe otherwise she could be detected by the spirits around her.

  15. The fetuses seem to be quite aware of themselves. They're seen rotating, pivoting, showing directional awareness and even seen flicking their thumb at the camera while inside of Reedus. They may not be completely human or in a sense, born as humans normally are. They could be a type of commodity in this world due to their usefulness and created artificially.

EDIT: Spacing, grammer. Point 6 was updated. The number of blades on the "radar" should be five, not eight. I don't know why I wrote that.

http://ift.tt/2iFucQN Tuned For Everything Norman We Don't Mess Around when it comes to things pertaining to the man.

No comments:

Post a Comment