I read in another thread that Kojima said that the name Death Stranding signifies something passing from one dimension to the other. There are some great theories for the game but something I haven't seen mentioned THAT much is the Lovecraftian theme at play here. When I saw the tentacles on the tanks it's immediately what I thought about. The fact that Del Toro is a huge Lovecraft fan and is very inspired by him, only makes me more convinced we can expect the game to borrow Lovecraftian elements. My thoughts on the trailer are that there has been a collision in dimensions, ours being one of them. The disoriented rainbow shows that even Earth's physics are messed up. The old weaponry, vehicles and costumes might be from another dimension as well, or maybe there is even time travel involved. The tentacles are definitely from some otherworldy, eldritch abomanation(s). Possibly the world as humanity once knew it, collided with other dimensions, plummeting earth into insanity. The bad guys (Mads Mikkelsen probably) might be using the otherworldly, supernatural and possibly alien elemtents to wreak havoc for their own benefit all the while having gone insane from having been exposed to another dimension and whatever lives in it. Del Toro seems to be on the run and I think it's safe to assume Norman Reedus is the protagonist, these guys possibly wanting a fresh start for humanity. It might explain the babies, not being corrupted by the insanity of the other worlds.
I'd also like to add that this all also kind of reminds me of the story that Redditor "Mother Horse Eyes" posted in a bunch of comments: http://ift.tt/2fSkneo
Though it's very unlikely this game is even remotely inspired by it, it is a cool story that borrows similar themes.
This is all speculation of course, would love to here your thoughts. I am, however, not afraid to put my money on the fact that this game is going to have Lovecraftian elements. And that's awesome.
No comments:
Post a Comment