Sunday, October 6, 2024

S2E2 Funny things I noticed -UNR

https://ift.tt/28H1shy

During the scene where Daryl is teaching Laurent to play baseball, right after Isabelle joins and Laurent gets a hit, Daryl cheers in excitement, "Woohoo! That's what I'm talkin' about!" and it's in a pure Norman Reedus California-boy accent. Daryl's lower/more grumbly/southern accent is COMPLETELY gone for like a solid minute here. Can you think of any other instances where this stuck out to you for Daryl? In the conversation immediately after this with just Isabelle, he gets back to the regular Daryl sound. I watched the "after show" where they talk about how loose this scene was, that a lot of it was was adlibbed due to the nature of what they were doing and that they were having a lot of fun filming it, and now it makes total sense.

I know in the main show, we've heard a ton about the English actor's accents slipping through (notably Andrew Lincoln, Lauren Cohan, and Lennie James) and also a lot of commentary on their various versions of a southern accent in general, but I also find the American actor's southern accents interesting too. Side note, something I've always found funny is how thick Melissa McBride sometimes puts on a southern accent for Carol (mostly in the early seasons) and how non-existent it is now except for an occasional word, but I digress.

Other things I noticed from this episode that just made me go "huh?": Are we to think that Daryl wears suspenders to sleep now? When he came out to look for Laurent in the morning after he heard Isabelle screaming, he's wearing a tank top with suspenders and pajama pants and I really found that pretty funny. Or is it common for people that wear suspenders to wear them to bed and I'm just not aware of it? Or maybe he took a minute to put them on before he came running out. Either way it was funny to see redneck Daryl Dixon in pajamas and suspenders.

In the scene where Carol leaves Ash with the plane and is walking in the field towards the city, there is immediately a little creek right in front of her. I just find stuff like this so funny because this show (and almost all other shows like it) will depict her getting across all manner of terrain with ease, when in reality it would be SUCH a pain the ass to traverse and take so long, especially when it's completely foreign to you. But here they immediately cut to her in the city, dry as a bone, nary a hair out of place nor a bead of sweat. I mean, I know, suspension of disbelief is crucial to our enjoyment of most TV shows. I just love picking up on little details like this and wondering if I'd do them any differently if I were making this type of show.

Also.... does Ash ever get to sleep in that plane or did he just white knuckle it from the USA to Greenland to France? Or are we to believe the stopped other places?

https://ift.tt/wXc1qQD Tuned For Everything Norman We Don't Mess Around when it comes to things pertaining to the man.

No comments:

Post a Comment