Friday, November 8, 2019

Thoughts From Someone Who Knew Nothing About This Game Beforehand and Had No Expectations-UNR

https://ift.tt/eA8V8J

A few years ago, I saw a very cryptic but interesting trailer for a game with Norman Reedus, and there were whales and ghosts or something? The song was a banger though. Got caught up in the hype for a week before I moved on to the next hype wave and essentially totally forgot about this game. I picked it up on a total whim last night, and have played it non-stop since. Checking on the general reception is a little sad but not surprising. I'm not picky when it comes to games: I enjoy everything from AAA shooters to Dwarf Fortress. All of that said: what a breath of fresh air this game is. It's such a nice palate cleanser from everything else I play. I never thought when I saw that trailer three years ago that I'd be delivering packages for multiple kilometers on foot, and I certainly never thought I'd be having this much fun. I also never thought one of my more intense, dynamic gaming experiences in a AAA game in recent memory would be crossing a damn, unassuming river. It would have been a boss fight in any other game. I'm still not quite sure what I'm playing, but man if I'm not loving every minute of it so far. Artistic vision, characters, dialogue are fine, sure, but that aside: props to Kojima for having the balls to publish a AAA game where you walk with boxes for hours, and props to him for making it fun as hell.

https://ift.tt/2qCNHAy Tuned For Everything Norman We Don't Mess Around when it comes to things pertaining to the man.

No comments:

Post a Comment