-
The story is both captivating and confusing right from the start, but I actually kind of dig it? It feels like you’re going to slowly piece together the world, characters, events and terminology as you play instead of just being smacked with lore and exposition dumps all at once. I like the mystery of trying to figure out stuff like this and I think Death Stranding is a doing a good job of it so far.
-
The characters all being famous celebrities isn’t anywhere near as distracting as I thought it would be. It is weird that someone else is doing Guillermo del Toro’s voice, but it’s close enough to not notice it as much the longer into a conversation you get. Also, Norman Reedus is kind of a sarcastic asshole in this game and I am all in on it!
-
A ton of critics have marked the game down for its focus on walking around and delivering items, but I’m actually finding it rather refreshing. As of now, this definitely doesn’t seem like an action game, but I’m okay with that. It’s awesome to see such a large AAA game go outside of the box and try new things.
-
The visuals are insane and just traversing the environment is a joy in and of itself. Spending 10 minutes scaling a mountain and then turning around at the top and taking in the view is breathtaking. I’m also super intrigued by the way multiplayer works, allowing people to set up ropes and bridges for others to use to navigate the environment. Still not entirely sure how this works, but I’m looking forward to digging into it a bit more.
-
The BB is somehow both weird and adorable and I think I kind of love it already? Who knew a baby in a jar could be cute?
-
I’ve only had one enemy encounter and it was legitimately terrifying. Having to slowly sneak around invisible enemies, hold your breath to avoid being noticed, and utilize the help of the BB to figure out enemy positions is incredibly tense and nerve wracking.
-
The music in the game is incredible! The way certain songs are triggered at certain moments feels very cinematic. The camerawork is also great, with it automatically panning out during these moments to let the music and the environment be the focus.
That’s all for now. I’m still very early on and still in the process of figuring out how exactly his game plays, but I’m very impressed by it so far.
No comments:
Post a Comment